My husband and I have talked about starting our diet for months. In fact, we have already started and stopped a diet several times. This time, we set a date to start our diet. The starting date was December 27, 2009. This is the date of my husbands birthday. He has referred to this diet as his gift to himself. The gift of health is by far more precious than any gift that could be placed in a box and wrapped with a pretty bow.
For his birthday, we celebrated in style at the grocery store. We bought fresh fruits and vegetables. We piled our cart up with loads of shrimp, fish, boneless skinless chicken breast, turkey, and low fat dairy products. We compared labels, prices, and purchased the healthiest items that we could find!
We had discussed different diet options and plans. We mentioned the popular Atkins, or Weight Watchers plan that works well for so many people. Thinking of a dear friend of mine whose done well with the South Beach diet I had done a bit of research on it's guidelines too. We talked about trying the 6 week body makeover plan, or simply counting calories. He ensured his faith in me by allowing me to research and come up with our own diet plan for this endeavor.
I spent the past few weeks searching through the internet for dieting tips, rules, and the answers to common key questions while dieting. What I have come up with is my own plan, and with my fingers crossed it will work and we will see the results on the scale, but also in our attitude and spirit of a healthier well being.
Let me state that I am not a doctor nor do I have any medical training whatsoever, and the plan that I have created may or may not work for us. However, his faith in my research gives me the determination to at least try it.
As I mentioned, his birthday gift to himself this year is the gift of health by making it the start of our new diet. The birthday gift I'd like to give to myself is a healthier, slimmer, more toned body. My birthday is May 30th (which gives me 5 full months as of today to lose 50 pounds.) This can be done! I have full assurance that I can go from 300 to 250 in a matter of 5 months!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment